Monday 1 February 2021

Donation finish

 I agreed to my daughter’s request to make some baby quilts that a local Charity Shop could sell.

I make Crumb blocks as Leaders and Enders so I had a tin full ready to use. I have made several baby quilts using these blocks and I’m always happy with the result - bright quilts with lots of I Spy opportunities.

I finished hand sewing the binding on this today and I love it!


When I recently sorted out my leftover pieces of batting I pinned a label onto the larger pieces, stating the size. When I came to layer up my flimsy yesterday I checked the bag of pieces and lo and behold there was a piece exactly the right size. 


Then I checked a piece of backing fabric I had acquired when a friend was downsizing her stash several years ago. I’ve never found the right quilt for this piece but I think it’s great for this one. A little too small in the width so I added a piece of the border and binding fabric and I’m so pleased with it. Two more oddments out of my cupboard!


I always liked this piece of fabric, it’s actually a Christmas fabric according to the selvedge but I would never have guessed that. Wish I had more of it - I could use it for more backings for these I Spy quilts.


See what I mean about the fabric not being an obviously Christmas one?

Happy day for me today as I had my 1st Covid 19 vaccine this morning.


3 comments:

  1. You have done well with using up leftovers to make this wonderful quilt. It will make someone happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!
    I always used to buy holiday fabric that didn't look like holiday fabric when it was 1/2 off ore more after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, lovely to have a read through and see what you have been up to. How lucky we all are to have stashes and an ever absorbing hobby to keep us busy during Covid-times. I love how this quilt all came together so well.

    ReplyDelete