Tuesday 17 March 2020

I Spy quilt for Oz Comfort Quilts

Yesterday I posted a Boy’s I Spy quilt to Jan for her Oz Comfort Quilt drive.

I had sorted out novelty scraps and different sized squares (including some Crumb Blocks from my stash) and then built them up with toning or contrasting fabrics to make 7.5” blocks.
I arranged them in a 5 x 8 layout.
I had a length of blue fabric which had a mustard, navy and white leaf pattern that wasn’t wide enough for the backing but I had a piece of blue Kona fabric which was the exact colour to make a strip down the middle of the leafy backing.

Straight machine stitching down either side of the columns and rows of blocks, and my quilt was ready to bind. I just had enough of the Kona fabric for the binding, one 2.5” wof strip left over for my Strings stash.

Here it is, bright and colourful, lots of I Spy things to look for.
Finished size is 43” x 56”.

And here’s the backing:


The Kona strip is exactly the background colour of the leafy fabric. 
I’m pleased with it, the quilt went together really quickly, mostly because I used squares that were already cut.
Jan is doing such a good job with making and collecting quilts and has now started to distribute some.
I also added 3 leftover I Spy blocks and 6 QAYG blocks that I couldn’t fit into the previous parcel I sent to Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment