Tuesday 24 March 2020

An amazing book

In recent weeks I read on several blogs about a book called “Where the crawdads sing” by Delia Owens.

I had no idea what the story was but felt drawn to read it and requested it from my Library. I collected it last week and over the past few days I read it. Initially I wasn’t sure if I would like it but that initial feeling soon passed and then I couldn’t put the book down. I have just finished it, a beautifully written book set in a part of the world of which I have no knowledge and where I will never visit. But in my head I can “see” that world and experience it because of the wonderful writing of Delia Owens.

I know someone else was on the waiting list for this book and am sorry that they will now not be able to borrow it and enjoy the experience I have had in reading it. Our Libraries closed as of yesterday due to the Coronavirus pandemic so no more borrowing for the foreseeable future. I hope all the people who requested this book will have access to it via Kindle or the library’s online system.

So, if you haven’t yet read this awesome book, please do so now, by whatever means you have at your disposal during these strange and difficult times. This book will transport you to a different time and space.


2 comments:

  1. Yes I loved this book too. It is a 'who dunnit' story, but it's wrapped up in beautiful writing, with delightfully delicate descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This title rings a bell Linda, I think it may have been in the local book shop - now closed for the duration of the lockdown, libraries also closed but I have no shortage of books waiting to be read. I will make a note to remind me.

    ReplyDelete