Thursday 19 March 2020

A Surreal world

Well, here in the UK we are very much on the front line of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
I am into  social distancing because of my age and underlying health issues. My husband and I are fortunate that our house layout enables us to have our own bedrooms and bathrooms. Our daughter and family live literally round the corner so we have daily phone calls, a visit with DD on the drive and us well back in the hallway, having a conversation via the open front door! Our lovely 10 year old GD has phoned us and done some tap dancing steps on our drive. We had already arranged a sensible stock of tins and packet food before the world went crazy and have now arranged a regular food Home Delivery from a supermarket, never had this type of service before. We have no idea how long this situation will continue. My guess until at least September.
We are both  keen readers, interested in all sorts of news, documentaries etc and I, of course , am a mad quilter. I belong to two Quilting Groups and lead a Visually Impaired Group. We have organised regular email and phone conversations to keep us all “in touch”.
I have had  a cold for the past couple of days and have stayed in bed but really feel it is a cold, nothing more sinister, and I intend to get up tomorrow and hopefully do a walk in our neighbourhood. DH and I have been doing a different local walk all week until my cold happened  and everyone we meet waves and smiles and keeps their distance of 2m (6feet). Our next activities will include gardening and decluttering !

To everyone who reads my blog I wish you continued good health and happy sewing.

3 comments:

  1. Linda Im in the same situation as yourself with the age and underlying health issues.
    I'm due for the 'flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine ready for the Winter months. The vaccines have been released earlier than usual for those with chronic health problems and all folks over 65 yrs.
    Our border was closed as of 11.59pm last night, certain measures are in place and I think stricter ones will be on the way.
    We are hunkering down here at home, husband can take time in his painting studio, gardening and so on, and of course I have my quilting. We both love reading and books galore on the shelves, no shortage at all.
    Skype and Face-time will be used, especially for the two younger grandchildren.
    Keep well and keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Linda.. keep yourself safe.
    it is hard to get groceries here but we take it day by day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please take care Linda. Remember this virus starts with a cold.
    Keep safe

    ReplyDelete