Monday 20 January 2020

First quilt finish for 2020


My first quilt finish for 2020 was begun on 8th November 2019 starting with some scraps gifted by a friend. The scraps made me think of a Chinese Coins quilt and that was the path I chose.
I have loved making this quilt, the colours are beautiful and reminded me of bright sparkling jewels.
I had a piece of navy with a small white dot fabric in my stash and it was perfect for the backing and binding of the quilt. I was literally left with a couple of strips which I have already used in QAYG blocks for the Oz Comfort Quilts Appeal.
I’ve named the quilt Jewel Quilt and decided to keep it for myself, the first ever quilt I have kept for myself. It’s only small, around 38” square but it’s lovely. The colours are my favourites and I know I shall love it.
Here it is:


And showing the backing fabric:


1 comment: