Thursday 30 January 2020

A little llama gift

My granddaughter is a big fan of llamas...... they seem to have taken over from the unicorn theme that all the children raved about a while ago.
At Christmas I gave her some llama patterned leggings which she adores and last week I discovered some llama patterned fabric so decided to make a pillowcase using the YouTube Easy pillowcase tutorial by Jennifer at Shabby fabrics.  It’s a very clear tutorial and I followed it easily.

It my granddaughter’s 10th birthday on Sunday so this an extra surprise from Granny.

I was a bit disappointed with the fabric when I saw it (I had had an advertising email about it) as it’s rather a wishy washy pale pink and the llamas are either white or a strange green. It made finding the 
“accent “ and “cuff” fabrics difficult to choose. I managed to find a solid green fabric very close in tone to some of the llamas and a white on white spot fabric for the “accent” strip.
I did enjoy making it though and will use this pattern again to make little gifts for various friends’ grandchildren.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute pillow case. I'm sure she will love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've made a good job of pairing up the solid green with the llama fabric. Llamas are to adorable!

    ReplyDelete