Thursday 20 September 2018

A forgotten quilt,now called Flying High


Our daughter's friend had a third son at the beginning of the month and as I gifted quilts to her other two babies I needed to make a quilt for Number 3. Before I started to make a new quilt I thought I would have a look through my stash of finished Quilts and found a little beauty which I have called Flying High. I remember buying the aeroplane fabric at the Festival of Quilts some years ago but have no idea when I made this baby quilt. I looked through my Flickr page as I use this as a record of my quilts and other craft projects. But it seems as though I didn't photograph it either so I still don't know when it was made. However I think it's great for baby Auden so I will be mailing it to him and his proud Mummy and Daddy tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find. To have it all ready to go.. fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a couple in my stash, both definitely girl colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really serendipity finding this delightful quilt. The baby boy can grow up with it and his mom will be thrilled with this gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. I made a previous baby quilt using those cheeky robots and aeroplane and these four were the leftovers which I turned into this quilt.

      Delete