All made up as I went along. I think I made a 100 chain before starting the double row of dc, using the four colours in turn and repeating the pattern of navy, grey, red, white.
The white ran out first but I managed to find an excellent match in my bag of yarn leftovers so then continued until the red came to an end. By this time the blanket was almost a square of a useful size and I had enough navy to crochet a border all the way round the blanket.
It finished at 29.5" x 31.5". Not a perfect square but near enough to 'look' square until I measured it.
Another part of my gift for Amy's baby who was born a little early on Thursday. A baby girl, called India Reyna, such a pretty name. Can't wait to hand over all my gifts whenever that might be.
A close up:
The colours aren't completely true to their real colour. The navy isn't as black as in the photo and the red is proper pillar box red not the rather orange shade of red it appears here.
I'm pleased with the blanket, soft and colourful, and drapes beautifully. Just right to tuck around a baby in the pushchair or car seat. Hope Amy agrees.