And the pieced back made from several different fabrics.
About three weeks ago I sewed together 12 Sewing Bee blocks which were a UFO from 5 years ago.
I added 5 hearts to one block as it looked rather empty in the middle.
And here it is in the finished quilt:
The appliqued hearts were hand blanket stitched with embroidery floss and then I hand quilted around each heart using a variegated purple Perle cotton.
Another of the blocks looked very pale and minimalist compared to some of the other blocks so I added 5 triangles which were blanket stitched and hand quilted in the same way as the hearts:
I also hand quilted in white thread around the windmill sails to make them stand out more.
Three more of my favourite sections of the quilt:
I am so pleased with this quilt. Another set of UFO blocks turned into a quilt which will be donated to Siblings Together, such a worthwhile cause.
It has made a very useful-sized quilt, 50" x 62".