Tuesday, 10 May 2016

More finishes

I really have the QAYG blocks bug!  Makes a change from the horrid bug I have suffered from for 5 weeks:  incredibly sore throat, high temperature, aches and pains, time in bed, lost my voice for several days ( no witty comments about my husband enjoying some peace and quiet!) and then a croaky voice for weeks.  Hopefully now back to normal.

However, in between lying in bed feeling rotten I made 8 more QAYG blocks for
Nicky's Siblings Together Block Drive. They are such fun to make.  I have another two block fronts made but ran out of batting so I'm waiting until my order arrives in the post.  Hopefully these 8 blocks are now with Nicky.


As I am part of the Wee Bees Group making quilts for the same charity I decided to get on and make the 2 May blocks suggested by this month's QB Gill. She has chosen Disappearing Nine Patches, a design I have seen and put on my ever-growing List of Things to Try.  So now I have.  Loved making the blocks which are very large so we can make quilts quite quickly. These used 7.5" squares.

Now putting together the border on my own Siblings Together quilt. I have another SB quilt ready to sandwich and  a commission Baby Quilt to sandwich so plenty of sewing on the go!


  1. You have done really well with your sewing while being sick. Using 7.5" blocks for the disappearing 9 patch what is the finished Sophie of the actual block after cutting and renewing.
    That would be good for or blankets of love I do for Sydney hospitals

  2. I can't believe how much sewing you have done for Siblings Together - You are a star! Thank you so much for that and for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

  3. These blocks are going to make lovely colourful quilts!

  4. Thank you. I enjoyed making the blocks and I know Nicky will use them in some fabulous way.