Sunday 10 December 2023

Gifting makes me happy!

 We have had a very busy week as we had a new central heating boiler and a new water tank fitted. It was a big two days job which was done very professionally. One gas engineer worked solidly both days, a second engineer came for part of the first day and an electrician too. However it was a pleasure to have them. Most of the work was done by the first guy. He told us he had two little sons, a baby 6 weeks old and a two and a half years old toddler. I was so impressed with the great job he did, clearing up and walking us through the new system that I decided to offer him two of my finished quilts( both of them in the pile of quilts for the Linus Project) for his little ones  and he was really delighted. That made my day.

These are the two quilts I gifted:



Like many other quilters I just love making these quilts but give them away and I get such a lot of pleasure when they are well received like these were.

I also managed to do a lot of sewing, shutting myself away in my sewing room well away from all the hustle of engineers. I have done almost all of the machine quilting on my RSC String blocks quilt and hope to finish this next week.

I also re-watched a few tutorials by Pola Quilting. More string blocks using a narrow white centre strip. I have used this idea a lot and as I have lots of white scraps and a basket of strings I decided to make enough for a quilt to donate to the local Maternity Unit. They have to be 24” square so 36 x 4.5” square should be perfect. I chain pieced them and trimmed them and laid them out. That was when I discovered I couldn’t count as I had only made 33 blocks. However tomorrow  I’ll make the extra three.


Linking up with Angela’s SoScrappy blog.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, gifting can be such a pleasure. Especially when the recipient is obviously delighted too. Love your string quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making string blocks with white down the center, and yours is particularly lovely! Isn’t wonderful when we give gifts and the recipient is delighted? It makes it all so worth it! (PS - I owe you a note and will write later in the week).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a wonderful thing to do. It always makes us feel good when they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gesture Linda to give the two quilts, bet they will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete