Saturday 23 December 2023

2 String Quilt finishes!


 FirstlyI finished my RSC String Quilt using only blue, green, pink and yellow blocks.

It measures 42”square and is machine quilted. I picked out leftover bindings using the four  colours of the blocks. I pretty much matched the colour of the blocks to the same coloured bindings. I’m really pleased with this quilt. 

This finish made me feel like making more string blocks, this time a little smaller and using a central white strip in every block. Again I used telephone directory paper for the foundation of the blocks. I trimmed the blocks to 4.5” and arranged them in four making a white diamond in the middle of the group.

I think it it really effective.


I found a good length of solid pale blue binding in my bag of leftover bindings and found a remnant of that same fabric to make more to add to the leftover piece. I had a piece of blue and lemon flowered fabric in my stash which was just big enough when pieced to make the backing.
Machine quilted, the quilt finished at 25” square.
I so enjoyed making these two quilts that I decided to make another straight away. My basket of strings was very depleted so I spent sometime cutting strings from larger scraps. I have made progress in sewing the 36 string blocks I need for my next quilt. I should have enough of the solid pale blue binding to bind this third little quilt. 
Joining up with Angela’s So scrappy blog for RSC 2023.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, Linda! I love string quilts - there's so much you can do with them. These are going to be loved by their recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful string quilts Linda, one of the best ways of using our strips. Hoping you have a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great way to organize your string blocks. Beautiful job! A Healthy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous RSC quilt finishes, Linda!! I could choose a favorite. What a good use of you skinny strips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I love how you keep on making these beautiful quilts. Well done to you…

    ReplyDelete