Saturday 9 July 2022

A finish, a start and a long pause

 Over two weeks ago I finished one of my outstanding pink RSC Crumb quilts. I used 4.5” Crumb blocks I had stashed away and combined into 4 patches with pink fabrics, interspersing the coin columns with pink Snail fabric.

I used a jagged stitch on my machine to quilt it and I’m really pleased with the result.


I backed and bound it with the snail fabric and it measures 40” square. I’m intending to donate it to the Linus Project when I have a few to pass on.

A few close ups:





And a couple of artistic “drop” pictures!


I’ve decided to call this quilt “Coin Crumbs”.

I am very behind with the RSC monthly colours and had got out a lot of blue scraps so I decided to use one of the larger novelty prints as a centre for a medallion style child’s quilt.

I used the idea I made a little while ago and did a narrow stop border with a blue plaid and used some of my Wonky Stars to make the next round. I managed to sew on the side borders and lay out the top and bottom ones( but hadn’t sewn them together].


Then I had my 4th booster Covid vaccination and reacted very badly indeed, after two days I ended up in A & E and then admitted to hospital. After four days I was discharged on Wednesday evening. Extremely tired and still taking antibiotics and getting used to a change of regular medication so no sewing has happened. I am resting and sleeping and watching tennis from Wimbledon.

I did start some purple Sawtooth stars but they’re on hold too!

Linking with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC blog.

1 comment:

  1. Great finish on the coin crumbs. Using ALL the scraps up in some way is terrific!--TerryK/On Going Projects

    ReplyDelete