Wednesday 3 November 2021

Made in 2019, gifted in 2021

 On 18th November 2019 I completed a Crumb quilt, made from scraps, including Crumb blocks from my stash. I blogged about it at the time. It was put away as I didn’t need to gift it at that time. 

A few days ago we received an email from a young New Zealand friend to say she had had a second daughter on 15th October, named Lucy Jane. I gifted a quilt to her first daughter Izzy when she was born a couple of years ago so of course Lucy had to have a quilt too. The Crumb quilt in my stash was a perfect choice as there are some scraps in it that were leftovers from her big sister Izzy’s quilt.


This was Izzy’s quilt.




This is Lucy’s quilt.
It measures 40” square.


Some close ups:


And a glimpse of the backing, such a pretty strawberry fabric.

I have renamed the quilt Dolly Mixtures - my favourite sweets when I was a little girl.
I’m posting it off to New Zealand this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. This is a pretty little quilt for a newborn gift. Good on you. Our quilts always get used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet quilt, I'm sure it'll be used & loved to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilt! I’m glad I’m in good company sewing up leftover chevron scraps!

    ReplyDelete