Saturday 28 August 2021

A busy week

 I have had a busy week finishing the baby clothes knitting I wanted to put in a parcel to post yesterday.

I made another cardigan and matching hat in mint green using a ball of yarn given to me by a friend. I didn’t add a flower as I thought this colour might be ok for a boy.


Then I made another pink hat with a flower to match the second pink cardigan I had knitted.


I was able to send these knitted items to Evie, the trainee midwife.


 I also added one babygrow and 10 vests I had bought from Charity Shops, some of them had never been worn!


I also added  2 cardigans and a hoodie I had knitted for my friend Amy when she was pregnant. After her baby outgrew them she returned them to me and asked me to pass them on. I put them away in a drawer, forgot about them and found them by accident a few days ago. Honestly they are in super condition and it was a no brainer to add them to the parcel.





I also finished a quilt block for Church. One lady asked for people to make blocks to create a quilt to reflect the Covid Pandemic. In order to depict the 2m Social Distancing spacing required, our local council stuck paper flower markers at 2m distances along pavements outside shops so that people spaced themselves correctly when queuing to enter the shop. I thought they were very pretty , all lovely colours: pinks, purples, yellows etc which brightened the grey pavements and certainly lifted my mood.

This is my representation:

So, no RSC sewing this week and I didn’t once pick up my Twinkler quilt to do any hand quilting. Perhaps next week?


4 comments:

  1. You have been very busy knitting. It doesn’t take you long to get a jumper made. That’s a lovely parcel to send.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of items you are mailing off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will be so thrilled to receive all those infant clothes you’ve knitted and gathered! What a good heart you have! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy with a mix of items to send off, love the knitting !

    ReplyDelete