Monday 5 April 2021

Bringing on the Blues

 Blue is my favourite colour so I always enjoy Blue Month on RSC. This year April is for making Blue blocks.

I love these little Wonky stars. I had fun pairing stars to blue backgrounds and I managed to make 15.


This week l also put together the “Cool” String Blocks and created this flimsy.


Yesterday was Easter Sunday and we were blessed with sunny weather which had not been forecast. At present we are still under lots of Covid restrictions and two households are now allowed to meet outdoors. Our daughter, SIL and granddaughter only live around the corner and they came round for an Easter Egg hunt. I had hidden the chocolate eggs and the four of them hunted round the garden looking for the little eggs I had hidden. The adults enjoyed it just as much as Annalise. Then we had sandwiches and a chocolate cake I had made. 

Considering how cold it had been for the previous few days it was wonderful to be able to sit outside. I had a Plan B in case it was freezing. The family would come round, we would exchange Easter eggs on the doorstep and I would send them home with a parcel of sandwiches and slices of cake. So much nicer to be able to have a proper picnic!

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC 2021.

5 comments:

  1. I love your cool strings quilt! Expect to see me copy that idea later this year, LOL. Your Easter sounds delightful, and I’m so happy that you were able to enjoy family and pleasant weather. We had a lovely day here too. Now we’re ready to start spring garden chores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s so lovely you could spend time with them and you had the space outside to be together. I’m glad with the played nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Strings is really lovely; the purples really look like Easter.
    Stars are so cute...nice works hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you were able to celebrate Easter with family - even though little distanced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A picnic Easter sounds lovely. Love the star blocks. Always fun to see.

    ReplyDelete