Thursday 22 October 2020

Chickens in the Pumpkin Patch quilt

 I have just embroidered the label for the quilt I have made for our new Great Niece Seren ( Welsh for Star) born on Wednesday last week. I had finished the quilt well before the baby was born but wasn’t able to make the label until the parents had decided on all the baby’s names.

So, here’s Chickens in the Pumpkin Patch. Measures 40” x 46”, hand quilted with Perle thread.





I bought the backing online and I’m really pleased with how well the colours reflect the colours in the quilt blocks. I made another Chickens quilt about 9 years ago for our next door neighbours’ granddaughter. That quilt is now in Australia as the family moved there about three years ago. Also the two quilts I made the other two older granddaughters.

I knitted a little basket weave style blanket which measures 24” x 24”, a nice size for the car seat, Moses basket or pushchair.


A few weeks ago I was passing the Sewing and Knitting shop in town and noticed a pattern and yarn display in the window which included the matinee jacket knitted up to show off the pattern. It uses my favourite variegated yarn and I’m so pleased with the result. I haven’t made  one like this pattern before - the front and back are knitted in one piece which I really like. No side seams which makes a really neat finish. I popped into the shop a few days ago to show the owner my finished jacket - she was as delighted as I was. I shall certainly use this pattern again.



Wrapping it up and taking the parcel to the Post Office later this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Linda all stunning work again. I love the fact you hand quilt your any quilt. That’s a great matinee pattern. Did you use 8 ply yarn. It always makes it easier when you don’t have to sew the seams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you, Jo. Yes, it’s 8ply - known as DK ( Double Knitting) here in the UK. Love this pattern. Haven’t done a button band like this before and I think it’s a much neater way to do it. Win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sending off a lovely package for your great-niece and she has been given such a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s a beautiful name, perfect for a beautiful baby. So like our granddaughter when she was born! Parcel arrived the next day and thank you photos of Seren on her quilt were immediately watsapped to me.

      Delete