Sunday 4 October 2020

Well, I knew I was short of red scraps but.......

 I knew I would have to root around to find some red scraps for RSC 2020 September chosen colour of red.

However, I hadn’t realised that Yellow was even worse. I have used a lot this year in a couple of Chinese Coin quilts I made and in the baby quilt I have just finished for our niece’s baby due in about three weeks time.

But when I came to find yellow scraps for my October Sailing Ship blocks I found it really hard to find anything at all, so I even resorted to cut into a piece of yellow with strawberry motif to make a bit more  variety in the sails of my Tall Ships.

This photo shows what I had left at the end of cutting scraps for my 6 Sailing Ships:

The pile of small squares measure 1.5” . I have a lot of those as a result of cutting up bits of sashing left over from the baby quilt so I’ll be able to use them to make some Roman Stripes and a 49patch block.

I immediately ordered various bundles of FQs and squares online and the first one arrived today.



So now I have a few more fabrics to choose from.

3 comments: