Friday 7 August 2020

A lovely compliment


 About a year ago I knitted this baby cardigan along with another one using the same yarn and a baby blanket in an effort to use up leftover yarns. When our baby Great niece Maggie arrived in October I added this cardigan and the blanket to the quilt especially made for this much longed-for baby.

Our niece Cat was so thrilled with all the gifts and we have had regular photos of Maggie snuggled in the blanket, lying on the quilt and then, when she grew into the cardigan, ones of her wearing it. Cat had been really pleased with the cardigan because it has seemed to “grow” as Maggie has grown. I think it’s probably because the yarn is acrylic and stretches more easily than wool or cotton would have. Well, whatever the reason, Maggie is still wearing it!

I had a lovely text from Cat yesterday saying that the cardigan had been such a great success, would I please be able to make another in a larger size, blues or greens this time. Well, I was so pleased to be asked, and even more pleased to be able to pop to the  Local Wool Shop this morning and buy a couple of balls of yarn. I like these variegated yarns and bought blue as there weren’t any greens. The pattern has 4 sizes: the original cardigan was Size 2, I’m making this one Size 4 so I hope Maggie will get as much use out of this one as she did the original one.

A hot day today, overcast now but great to sit outside in the garden knitting.The style I’m knitting is the one in blue on the pattern.



4 comments:

  1. I love the good ole traditional patterns. Nice to be appreciated. Enjoy your knitting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am. No knitting yesterday as we had a 4 miles walk, then some chores, then the family for Sunday evening meal( late Sunday lunch to fit in with SIL’s golf). First time we’ve done this since early February, and they only live round then corner! Due to Covid restrictions of course.

      Delete
  2. Hello Linda. I just adore that variegated yarn you are knitting with ... so pretty. That certainly IS a compliment - being asked to knit another one in a bigger size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was so pleased. On several counts including that my niece felt she could ask me without feeling “pushy”.

      Delete