Thursday 28 May 2015

It's my birthday!

It's my birthday today and I have had a really lovely day.

Early this morning my husband appeared with a beautiful bouquet of 12 deep red roses, such long stems I felt compelled to measure them! 26" tall!

 
 
He then disappeared downstairs, only to appear a moment later with a tray bearing two glasses and a small bottle of champagne! I hasten to say we didn't drink it then, rather too early at 5.30am but tomorrow evening we certainly will.  Then tea and cereals in bed.
 
 
I then opened lots of cards that had arrived before my birthday and made a pleasing arrangement in our bay window.
 





 
The roses were extra special as when I celebrated my 60th birthday in Venice a few years ago the hotel arranged 12 long stemmed deep red roses in our bedroom along with a bottle of champagne. So my dear husband decided to do the same this year - especially as we had just returned from a five day trip to Venice.  He is very romantic.
 
Off to my regular Patchwork Group's Thursday meeting - more good wishes, cards and gifts!  I really feel spoilt.  Then off to lunch with my husband, daughter and granddaughter and my dear niece who was born on my birthday and amazingly is 50 today!
 


And here we are!

What a lovely day spent with close family and friends. I am a very lucky girl.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy birthday!! Your husband is such a sweetie for giving your flowers and champagne. That is such a lovely photo of you and your neice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful... Lucky you
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and how lovely to 'see you'

    ReplyDelete