It's time for linking with Clare's Brit Sewing Thursday Linky.
I have worked very hard this week to finish the Friendly Frogs Baby Quilt I had in the pipeline.
One of my best friends is due to become a Grandma again - her son and his wife's baby was due on the 7th so is now officially late. That was good for me as I didn't know until the 2nd that they were expecting a boy. The last time I asked it seemed as though they had decided to wait and see whether it was a boy or girl.
Then I realised that all the finished baby Quilts I had definitely looked "girly" so I had better get a move on with the Frogs quilt. And I have.
I put on the binding yesterday and sat at my Patchwork Group this morning, hand sewing the binding down.
And here it is, all finished and ready to go!
Friendly Frogs Baby Quilt
And a Close up of some of the Log cabin blocks:
I made this quilt entirely from stash:
The Log cabin centres are cut from a strip of 11 cartoon-style frog print squares,
The logs are from my Scraps,
The sashing is a Kona Aqua solid I had about a metre of,
The backing is Rowan's Westminster Fibers "Button Flowers", which has a navy background with orange centred flowers, turquoise petals and fresh green leaves. The flowers remind me of a child's drawing so I thought this was suitable.
I bought the piece of backing fabric half price in a sale quite a while ago and it was JUST large enough for this quilt. After I trimmed the edges before putting on the binding I was left with a wof 2" strip!
The yellow binding was cut from a metre of spotty "Cherry on the top" fabric I bought at the Festival of Quilts for my Binding Stash.
So, a Thursday Finish!
And I have also made a Thursday Start!
As I still don't have a spare Boy's Quilt and I have discovered that the next baby I want to make a quilt for will probably be delivered by C Section on the 17th (Help!) I decided to make another I Spy Freckles Quilt.
This is one of my quicker Baby Quilts so yesterday I fussy cut and fusible webbed 25 freckles and this afternoon I am ironing them onto a piece of plain blue fabric, ready to hand blanket stitch.
So, a successful week on the sewing front.
Here they are, all backed with fusible web and ready for action.