Thursday 2 May 2013

Ta da. Another Quilt finish

Another Quilt finish for 2013!

This time a quilt based on Gwen Marston's quilt, String Quilt with Sashing and Corner Stones, one of the 20 projects in her lovely book Liberated String Quilts. The first Gwen Marston book I bought after I did a wonderful One Day Workshop with her several years ago in New Zealand.  Such a great quilter, super teacher and full of good humour.

Instead of String blocks I used Crumb blocks which worked very well.
As I said in my previous post this quilt is scraps or re-worked fabrics, apart from the
Green Tea Kona Cotton solid I used for sashing. I hand quilted in the ditch along the sashing lines.


A close up of some of the blocks, showing the Cornerstones, sashing and hand quilting.



And the finished quilt:


It measures 40" square, a nice Baby Quilt size, I think.
Another quilt to stash away in my box of finished quilts.




2 comments:

  1. Hurray for a finish! Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carla. It certainly is a bright and cheerful quilt. Lots for baby to look at and be stimulated by, I think.

    ReplyDelete