Saturday, 4 August 2012

A productive week

At last I have managed to find time for sewing this week and I feel I have accomplished quite a lot!

Firstly, I finished hand quilting the Baby Quilt commissioned by Gemma, put on the binding and popped it in the post on Thursday.

Here it is, all ready to be parcelled up.

When I embroidered the quilt label I changed the name of the quilt to Pastel Patches as I thought this better reflected the fabrics I used.

I hope Gemma likes it!

Then I managed to get a move on with the Siblings Together Medallion Quilt.  I added a few borders until it looked like this:

I then decided the next border would showcase some of the Fat Quarter designs in circles like I have used in several quilts based on a project from the book Scrap Republic.

Whilst I was busy at the sewing machine adding borders I also created more Crumb Blocks, sewing scraps of fabric together as 'Thread catchers". No scrap is too tiny for this project as you can see from this photo!

After sewing the borders I made quite a lot of 'new fabric' which I was able to cut into several Crumb Blocks like these:

As my Crumb Blocks tin was getting rather full I decided to take time out from The Siblings Together Quilt to make a little premature baby quilt top, using a Kona lemon for the sashing.

Oops, this photo is the wrong way round but I don't know how to change it!

I really like the lemon, I think it makes the Crumb Blocks stand out well. Previously I have used aqua and sugar pink sashing for making these little quilts.

I was on a roll so onto the next border for The Siblings Together Medallion Quilt!
Using an idea from one of my favourite books Scrap Republic I have started the side borders for the next round.  I am now hand blanket stitching them, an ideal job whilst watching the Olympics on TV!

So, all in all, a lot of sewing, a lot of TV watching and a great feeling of satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment