Sunday, 29 July 2012

Sewing time at last

Two finishes today as I found a little time for sewing.

Firstly, the long overdue replacement Wonky Star Block for my Siblings Together Quilt.

I didn't want to have to cut into any more of the Fat Quarters but couldn't quite manage that without having to cut ONE more 1.5" square! How annoying is that?

But I do think there is enough contrast now to make the star stand out from the background. I now have to find time to sew the Wonky Star blocks together to form two short borders for my Siblings Together Quilt.  Such slow progress is unbelievable for me but I have had a very "full on" time the past six weeks which has made machine sewing impossible.
And now the poor contrast Star block can join the other scraps in my Scraps for Crumb Blocks tin.

I have however, when time allowed, been plugging away at Gemma's Quilt. This evening I finished hand sewing the binding. I had in mind two spotty fabrics in my stash but when I auditioned them, they were both the "wrong" pink which shouted at the rest of the pinks.  So I went with the same sugar pink Kona Cotton that I had used on the inner border.  Really pleased with the whole quilt and I hope Gemma is too when she receives it.

No comments:

Post a Comment