Monday 16 April 2012

Modern Log Cabin baby quilt

My neighbour asked me to make a quilt for her expected grandchild. I showed her photos of some of my quilts that I thought were suitable and she went with a Modern Log Cabin design based on a strip of Funky cats I had in my stash. She didn't know whether the expected grandchild was a boy or a girl so yellows, oranges and greens were the perfect 'neutrals'.
I started the quilt just before little Harry was born at the end of March and yesterday I finished the quilt. All hand quilted and binding hand sewn too, so pretty good going in a short time!

Handing it over today to Grandma so I hope she likes it!  Also Harry and his Mummy and Daddy!




A Close-up of one of the blocks.



Showing the backing. 

 I used Moda "Botany" bought from the Fabric Shack.  Really pleased with the backing fabric as the colours reflect the quilt colours but in a more subtle way.
Love the Fabric Shack.  Their prices are good and they ship your order super-fast.  Very efficient!
Sashing was a yellow Kona Solid, again from the Fabric Shack. I added more detail to the sashing with hand quilting using a variegated Perle cotton.

Enjoyed making the quilt, the colours were very jolly to work with.  And now I have lots of left-over strips for another project.
.......................................  What shall I make next???????????

No comments:

Post a Comment