Thursday 19 April 2012

Crazy about Granny Square Quilts!

For the past three months or so I have been looking at all the Granny Square blocks and quilts being posted on Flickr. Actually I think it has become an obsession!

It all started when I spotted Jolene on Blue Elephant Stitches and the fabulous Granny Squares block that she designed.  What a super idea that was! Jolene's quilt is just lovely.
Now Granny Squares and quilts are popping up everywhere and I like them ALL!

Have a look at Jessica's "Granny Squares" quilt on her Flickr site sewcraftyjess.blogspot.com
And Rachel's three gorgeous baby quilts which she made with Granny Squares using pink sashing for the girl quilt, blue for the boy and a white for a neutral. Look for them on her blog StitchedinColor.com,  they are called Three Baby Grannies.
I also love Granny Square Quilt by sotak handmade.blogspot.com, really bright and cheery.

I have put together a Gallery of some of my favourites, on my Flickr page called Koshka2. Check it out.  Also the Old Red Barn Group on Flickr, a real showcase of this wonderful design.

When I have finished all of my ongoing projects I will have to make my very own Granny Squares Quilt.  However, there are so many lovely ways people have used to create the block I shall have a hard time choosing which way to go!

If you haven't yet found Granny Squares I recommend them to you. I do warn you, they are addictive and you, too, may become obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment