Sunday 27 November 2022

RSC Flimsy completed

 I saw an idea on Cathy’s Sane Crazy Crumby Quilting blog several years ago, Friendship star blocks which she called Twinklers. I’ve been making them ever since as part of the RSC Challenge and have made 2 quilts from them before, one in 2017 and another in 2021. A week or so ago I decided I would like to make a quilt for Etta,  one of the younger members of our family and hopefully in time for Christmas.

I knew I had a bag of Twinklers so got them out and decided to make 3 more purple blocks. Quick to make from my box of 2.5” squares and a bag of already cut out muslin centre squares and even smaller squares for the star points. I discovered I had 76 blocks and could use 72 of them in an 8  x 9 setting.

I finished sewing the rows together yesterday and now need to make a pieced backing and get it basted.



Lighting is not the best as we have a very grey morning today. 
A little close up of a section of the blocks:



I wrote my Christmas 2022 Letter on Friday so now I can photocopy it lots of times to add in with the annual Christmas Card to friends and family. I always find writing Christmas cards rather daunting - it seems to take me longer and longer each year but I really should start to write them this afternoon, unless I get sidetracked making the backing for my Twinkler Stars flimsy!

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy blog.

1 comment:

  1. Good that you remembered the Twinklers, they've come together in a lovely quilt.Oh yes, the writing of 'the letter' is now upon us, I love sending cards but overseas now costs a fortune.

    ReplyDelete