Sunday 17 October 2021

RSC flimsy

 I put together a Ticky Tacky House baby flimsy using some of my RSC blocks alternated with 3.5” squares from stash. Quickly sewn as all the pieces were to hand.

It will be quilted and donated to our local hospital’s Maternity Unit. I don’t know if they have now bought larger cots but the required size has gone up from 15” x 20” to 24” square. The arrangement of  8 rows x 8 columns comes to pretty much the new size.


Just going to find a suitable piece of backing fabric from my stash so I can baste it ready for machine quilting.

I sent off my 10 Sunshine Lotto blocks to Tammy in Texas and knitted a dozen poppies which were used as part of a decoration at church for a Memorial service on Friday.


I knitted another baby cardigan, finishing yarn leftover from making a cardigan for my great niece Maggie earlier this year. There was JUST enough left!




Knitting another garter stitch striped baby blanket, using up odds and ends of yarn and also some extra small balls bought from one of the Charity shops we have in town. We had so many of these shops pre Covid but one big one closed just before the first Lockdown in March 2020 and two others haven’t reopened since the Reopening of shops in July. Another of them is only operating for part of the week- I assume that’s because some of their elderly volunteers have decided to call it a day. 

So, quite a busy time since my last post.

Linking up with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC blog.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your new RSC quilt top AND that lovely sweater, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the Ticky Tacky House quilt is looking lovely!
    Perfect to be going to the Maternity Unit. I love the little cardigan at the end of your post, the colours remind me of sherbet sweets! I missed your last post and wondered where you were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'ticky tacky house' quilt is delightful! It'll be well used & loved I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ticky Tacky houses always come together nicely. Great charity work once again.

    ReplyDelete