Saturday 23 October 2021

First RSC finish!

 I completed my first RSC finish last  night, hand sewing the turquoise binding on whilst we were watching The Jinx.

I used some Twinkler blocks that have been accumulating over a few years of RSC projects. I have made quilts from this pile of blocks before and I still have some left. The block is a great way of using those 2.5” squares I have stashed away and creates a lovely I Spy style of quilt.

This one is destined for the Maternity Unit at our local hospital. They have requested quilts measuring 36” square to cover the tops of incubators and I think this will add a bright splash of colour to the Ward.



The backing was a piece cut from a newer addition to my stash and the binding some turquoise Kona cotton. I had just enough left to do the job.


A close up of some of the fun blocks.

I had a busy afternoon sewing yesterday. After I sewed the binding onto this quilt I machine sewed the Ticky Tacky Houses Cot quilt that I made last week. I also prepared the pale pink binding for it which may get sewn on this afternoon.

I have just posted a parcel of Santa Sacks for Jan Mac in Australia.


A non-quilty friend gave me a huge bag of Christmas fabrics a couple of years ago and I’ve hardly made a dent in it. They were samples she had been given to pass on to me. The largest pieces were just big enough to make a Christmas Gift bag. These will be used for donated gifts of soft toys for needy children. Jan does amazing work. Take a look at her blog: Sew Many Quilts - Too Little Time.
.
I also made a few more Ticky Tacky Houses and some Bonnie Hunter Fish blocks.

Joining up with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC Blog.

12 comments:

  1. That's such a bright and happy quilt with all its rainbow color! Perfect for the purpose you're donating it to. Love your little houses in the previous post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute twinkly star quilt! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this sweet RSC quilt finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a darling twinkle quilt! The backing is cool too! Yea for a finish’

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rainbow stars are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The twinkle stars is such a nice little block, I must file that idea away for the future. Good on you for making items to send to Jan Mac, I've recently sent a few Santa Sacks too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you sewing again and busy too. Congrats on the finish ofyouRSC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rainbow star quilt is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a super twinkle quilt, it will add some cheerful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Maternity Unit will love your new Twinkler quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on an adorable RSC finish! The rainbow Twinkler stars are so cute!

    ReplyDelete