Thursday 14 January 2021

Coming Full Circle

 I wrote my last post a week ago about the UFO I had just finished. I showed it to my Patchwork Group on a Zoom meeting we had last Thursday. Friend Sue asked me who the Baby Quilt was for and I said I didn’t know, had no one in mind to gift it to and I would just be putting it in the cupboard to gift at some date in the future.

Well, it hasn’t stayed in the cupboard for long! On Sunday evening we received a Skype call from good friends, Miriam and Frank who live in New Zealand. We have known them for 21 years and we have been on so many adventures with them, mostly in NZ but also here in the UK. Over the years we have met their family too. The call was to tell us that their younger daughter Amy had just had a baby girl, Aleesha Miriam Jean. I had gifted baby quilts to her two boys so of course baby Aleesha would have a quilt too. And, as if by magic, I had the very one sitting in the cupboard. I embroidered a label and wrapped the quilt up for posting. So yesterday off it went on the long journey to North Island, NZ.



This quilt was sewn whilst we were in NZ in 2019, includes several fabrics I bought at the local quilt shop in Mapua, came back to the UK with me, finished last week and now it’s winging its way back to NZ.

Definitely a case of Closing the Circle!


6 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt for your friend's family to treasure. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. Just made two more flimsies like this one.

      Delete
  2. Always handy to have a quilt on hand for a gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Not sure it’s working. Let me know if your get this reply.

      Delete
  4. Serendipity at work here with this quilt and news from New Zealand about the baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete