Thursday 28 January 2021

A Granny blanket for Granny

 Last year several friends in my Patchwork Group decided to make “Covid blankets”, either knitted or crocheted, using up yarn we had stashed away.

I love making crocheted Granny squares and started to use yarn I had tucked away, not a huge amount, which soon ran out. I made each square using two colours, alternating them to make squares 4 rounds big. 

I got so carried away, having to order extra brightly coloured yarn online from the Wool Warehouse.  I never counted the squares, just pushing them into a couple of large shopping bags. Then I ordered a pale cream coloured yarn to make a final crochet round for each Granny square and for joining them into a blanket. When I started to pull all the squares out of the shopping bags I was astonished at how many I had......FAR too many for one blanket! I made one lot of squares into a cuddly blanket which I gifted to our 10 years old granddaughter for Christmas. She really loves it, permanently on the sofa for when she snuggles under it to watch television.

The other squares were then turned into a blanket for me...  Granny blanket for Granny. I finished it a few days ago and it’s already had lots of use. We had some snow and very cold weather a few days ago and I’ve loved putting it over me in the evenings when we were watching television.

And here it is! Just counted the squares, a total of 143 squares. I think Annalise’s blanket  had an extra row, so that used 156. 


And here it is, all rolled up ready for use!



2 comments:

  1. How lovely that you get to have matching blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty! A lot of love and care went into this blanket!

    ReplyDelete