Wednesday 10 June 2020

A completed flimsy and lots of memories

Well, I did it! I finally finished my Chinese Coin flimsy. It only needed 2 seams sewn to finish it.


I love it, so bright and cheerful, to my eyes it is a real Patchwork Quilt.

It reminds me of the wonderful story book I had as a child (I still have it, tattered from so much use).
The book was called “Grey Rabbit and the Wandering Hedgehog”  by Alison Uttley, one of a series about Grey Rabbit, Hare and Squirrel, all delightful books.
In this book Grey Rabbit meets the Wandering Hedgehog and wants to make him a coat. Wise Owl gives her a book called “ The Cutter and Tailor. How to make a coat out of bits and pieces.”
Hare visits all the neighbours for bits and pieces of cloth and comes home with strips of fabric over his arms and dangling round his neck and Grey Rabbit, always so clever in her quiet understated way, makes a wonderful coat of many colours.



And here’s The Wandering Hedgehog, delighted with his gift, holding up the sides of the coat and  dancing a “clumsy dance”.


The book was published in 1948, a year after I was born, and reminds me of my childhood.
I think this must have been where my love of colour and bits of fabric began but it took until 1997 before I “discovered” Patchwork and Quilting. The rest, as they say, is history.


4 comments:

  1. like you so loved the books, quilt looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish Linda, I love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chinese coins quilt too. Great color arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete