Saturday 18 April 2020

Blue sails for RSC 2020

One of the RSC 2020 blocks I’ve chosen to make this year are Sailing boats, in three different sizes.
My aim was to make two of each style blocks. However, as we have already used Teal and now it’s light and mid blues I’ve decided only to make one set of three this month. Mostly because of the style of blocks it is there is a lot of blue already in the blocks before I add the sails made in the chosen colour for the month. I had a piece of batik from a friend which I think works well for “sea” and I’ve been able to change up the sea colour a little by picking out the blues, green and purple sections of the fabric to vary the sea colour. Important when the sails are blue too.


Not so keen on the smallest ship block, not enough contrast between the sail fabric and the sky but I hope when it’s all sewn into a quilt top that will look OK.
Linking up with Angela’s Soscrappy RSC2020 blog

6 comments:

  1. Nice sea and sky. And all will be well when they are all sewn together. Ships ahoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see some more ships are sailing. They will be great together. Hope you are managing ok.

    Have you heard from Margaret at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always outline the sails in Pigma pen or color them in with fabric marker, if the bother you in the completed quilt. Sometimes the subtle blocks are more interesting. They really make you LOOK at the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete