Sunday 27 October 2019

It’s a baby GIRL!

Lovely news, our niece has had a baby Girl, born last Sunday night. Great news, all well, 8lbs 1oz which is a good weight.
Mum and Dad spent the week getting to know her before deciding on the name. She is going to be called Margaret Alice but will be known as Maggie.
The name is a very special choice. My sister in law Margaret died 14 years ago and baby Maggie would have been her first grandchild. Nice for the name to carry on to the next generation and lovely that the baby will have her own version of her Grandma’s name.
Margaret is a family name, Maggie being the third generation.
It was also my Mother in Law’s middle name and coincidentally is my middle name too.

So my recently finished Seeing Stars will be gifted to Maggie, as soon as I have finished embroidering the quilt label. Also in the parcel will be a pink cardigan and little white basket weave knitted blanket also made by Great Aunty Linda!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift and lovely news with the new addition. How sweet to have a new little girl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting news. I hope Maggie enjoys her new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how did I miss this... a lovely quilt! And such great news about the little new one into the family. It's interesting, we too seem to have kept the name 'Margaret' in the family... our little granddaughter Evie nearly 5yrs, is Evie Margaret after her great grandmother, my hubby's mum!

    ReplyDelete