Friday 19 July 2019

Emptying the Coin Jar

I follow Jo Butterfield’s blog and she saves coins in a jar which she empties every year. She recently added up the amount she had in her jar which reminded me to empty my jar.

As you can see it’s not very big, just a regular jam jar.


Not too long ago I needed some coins so I exchanged coins for a £10 note so there was a bit more money in than I could have squeezed in with coins.  Just counted up and ( with the £10 note) I have the Grand Total of £56.85. Not bad at all and as I am soon going to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham this extra Spending money will come in handy.

I will be buying fabric of course - there are usually some good deals but I always stock up on batting. The stall I like to go to has a good sized bundle for a reasonable amount so I always buy 2. My Coin Jar money will cover that plus a bit over.

Earlier this year our neighbour decided to take out a black currant and red currant bush from their garden and offered them to me. I didn’t know how they would take to being transplanted. However they survived and we had a reasonable amount of black currants which we have enjoyed mixed with raspberries and strawberries topped with Greek yogurt. This week the red currants (lots more than black currants) were ready. I picked all the ripe ones, leaving the others to ripen, and We can’t wait to sample them tomorrow with a lemon tart when we have visitors staying overnight.


3 comments:

  1. You took a chance on the transplantation of those bushes but luckily they obviously settled in well.The coin jar is an excellent idea, just the money boxes we had as children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took a chance on the transplantation of those bushes but luckily they obviously settled in well.The coin jar is an excellent idea, just the money boxes we had as children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve heard wonderful things about the quilt Festival at Birmingham. We have a quilt Expo in early September here in Madison Wisconsin, I could spend two days the week but one day is all I can handle. The quilt exhibit alone takes all morning, then we hit the vendors. Fantastic quilts. Enjoy your visit !

    ReplyDelete