Wednesday 19 December 2018

Finished in time for Christmas!



This quilt has been a very long time in the making - at least 4 years! 
My Patchwork Group was going to make a quilt for Sarah, one of our members and a Spider Web Quilt was suggested. Some of the members were unsure how to make the blocks so I did a little workshop demonstrating with blocks at different stages of completion. Sarah's quilt was made and gifted and my demonstration blocks were put away. Over the years during various "Sort outs" the blocks surfaced : I made more blocks, eventually enough for a quilt, back into the cupboard, out again and a flimsy was made, back in the cupboard, out again and basting occurred. Fast forward to his year when I vowed I would FINISH this quilt before the end of the year. It has lots of hand quilting with a Perle thread so it appeared at many Patchwork meetings and eventually I have finished it, in time to gift to my granddaughter for Christmas. She loves quilts which she calls "blankets" and enjoys snuggling with one whilst watching TV. 

I love the backing for this quilt, a piece left over from a quilt I made about five years ago. Binding was a sm

I'm now embroidering the label and then it can be wrapped, ready for Christmas Day.
Another UFO finished and out of my cupboard .

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt Linda, I just love the colour and it gives off a wonderful happy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen. I'm so pleased to have finished this UFO! They are pretty colours.

      Delete