Saturday 29 December 2018

Final flourish of 2018

Just finished my final quilt of 2018.
It's a 4 Patch baby quilt made from 4" square Crumb blocks and novelty squares.
Everything from stash including the backing which was a piece of fabric given to me at least 3 years ago.  One of my Patchwork friends was having a clear out and thought I would be able to use it for a baby quilt backing and now I have!
The quilt is a nice size, finishing at 41" square.
This joins a Girl baby quilt so I have now covered both eventualities: whether the expected baby in New Zealand is a boy or a girl. I think it's lovely when parents decide to wait until the actual birth to see whether they have a  son or daughter but it does mean as a quilter it's useful to have a few boy and girl quilts ready made!

I've made 14 quilts this year: baby quilts, premature baby quilts and 2 doll quilts.
Happy with them all.
Tidied my sewing room today  - several UFOs and sets of blocks to be worked on in 2019 and I have an idea for an RSC project too.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt using leftovers and scrappy lovelies. The sashing ties ithe different fabrics together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super quilt for a baby boy, great use of stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jan and Maureen. I've used up a lot of scraps, stash and Crumb blocks this year. Feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do great quilts for charity and gifts. What is the idea for your RSC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ship blocks. Either the smaller ones I've made before for a Patchwork Group quilt or the larger ones like old sailing ships I've seen on Cathy's blog Sane,Crazy, Crumby quilting. Tending towards the sailing ships I think.

      Delete