Monday 14 May 2018

RSC Hints of pink

The colour for this month's RSC is Pink, a colour I love and use a lot as I make lots of baby quilts.
The request for this month's Sunshine Guild Lotto blocks is Nine Patches - of any type: Stars, Churn Dash etc.
I had a few tiny pink scraps so made a few Crumb blocks which I paired with blue homespun to make a regular Nine Patch. I found an already-made Crumb block which had a lot of pink in it so used that for the centre of another regular Nine Patch adding to some purple Crumb blocks.
A charm square of a strawberry fabric made the centre of a Churn Dash block.

The Guild member who collects our Lotto blocks is called Tammy and she frequently puts photos on her Flickr page of both the Lotto blocks she has received and also Sunshine Quilts she has made from gifted blocks. I recently noticed a block design that was new to me (I have no idea what it is called) and as it met the Nine Patch criteria I decided to try it out in the blocks you see on the bottom left and right of the photo. It reminds me of a nut - as in "nut and bolt" and I like it. If you know the proper name for the block please let me know!

I will probably make a few more blocks for this month's Lotto blocks but I'm going to see how many I can post to maximize the postage rates to the USA. Our local Post Office lady is very helpful that way. Postage now is so expensive I would rather make the most of the weight I can use.








6 comments:

  1. Great collection of blocks, like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen it in a naughts and crosses quilt.
    Have a look here for free block patterns. I've used this site a lot.
    http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda beautiful blocks,well done on your beautiful work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, Linda! Looking forward to seeing them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these blocks Linda, heaps of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete