I worked on it and then set it aside - for a LONG time! It's recently appeared at the top of the pile and today I finished my flimsy.
The last pieced border was very recently added, consisting of RSC 2017 4 patches made into square in a square blocks. All made from scraps. I had to make extra 4 patches from green and yellow 1.5' squares as I didn't have enough brown ones. The outer border is a plain cream Egyptian cotton cut at 3.5".
I really like the 4 Patch border.
Yesterday I showed the wedge shaped scraps I had been given. Today I combined an idea I had with a comment from Cathy (Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting blog) and came up with this Premature baby sized flimsy:
I paired solid and patterned wedges, made a template 2.5' x 5.5" and cut them all to the same size.
Played around for a while: a couple of ideas didn't look right but I finally came up with this placement.
I found this a challenge due to my difficulty with special awareness. I wanted the "mountain peaks look" which I finally achieved but it was hard! I have several finished pieces which are the wrong way round. Now in the orphan blocks pile.
However I happy with both flimsies.