I have finished my Rainbow Strippy Quilt this week and I love it.
It is based on the Beeline Quilt from Emily Cier's book Scrap Republic.
However, I have increased the size as the one in the book only finishes at 30" square. That's a nice size for a playmat or pushchair/Moses basket quilt but this will be useful for a cot too.
I made the centre panel around 30" and the borders 5" or so and the bound quilt measures 38" wide by 42" long.
Every single part of this quilt was made from stash: scrap strips (many of them given to me or ones I received in Swaps), the various colours of Perle Cottons, the batting, binding and also the quilt backing. I bought this piece of fabric about three years ago and had never found it quite right for any quilt I was making. Until this one and I decided it went really well. It was obviously meant for this quilt as the size was perfect! I have just been left with the trimmings which have been added to my strips stash. Nothing gets thrown away here!
It looks pretty and shows up the variously coloured rows of Perle quilting very nicely.
I added photos of the quilt yesterday onto my Flickr Photostream and added it to the Scrap Republic Group's photos. As I have made several quilts from the book I now appear as No 1 on the list of most photos in this group.
During the week I have also made another little Preemie quilt top, similar to the one I showed in last week's blog post. They are both sandwiched ready for quilting and I have started to hand quilt one of them.
I have also sandwiched the Freckles Quilt top I made a couple of months ago and this morning I started to hand quilt this one at my patchwork group. Again this is based on a Scrap Replublic pattern.
Hope you have all had a successful sewing week too.
Linking up with Maybush Studio's Thursday Brit Sewing Linky.
Hawaiian Applique Cushions
17 hours ago