Tuesday 9 July 2013

Bento Blocks Quilt finished at last. Another UFO done

Well, where have the past five weeks gone?  Some sunny weather, gardening, weekends away catching up with old friends, and of course....... WIMBLEDON!!

I have been glued to the TV watching fabulous game after fabulous game.  Some amazing tennis this year and our  British Andy Murray eventually won the prize.  WELL DONE, ANDY!  You deserved it.

And while he was busy fighting to get his hands on the trophy I hand sewed the binding onto this quilt:


This is the quilt top I showed you way back at the beginning of June.  I finally hand quilted it in the ditch with a yellow/shocking pink/orange variegated Perle thread and found some similar sized buttons in my large button stash to embellish the centres of the blocks:

 
 
I am really pleased at how well this quilt came together.  I made one whole Bento Block that I kept for the corners, to add cohesion to the mass of different fabrics.
Thank you to the Group of fellow Bento Block swappers. I love all the blocks and think they look amazing all sewn together in this Riot of Colour.
I love everything about it: its vibrancy and happiness and of course the fact that I ticked off another UFO on my list.
 
Handing it over to my three year old Granddaughter this evening when I babysit and hope she loves it too.

And the all-important hand embroidered label:

 
 
Love the backing too, as Annalise loves her ballet lessons, being a fairy and riding on her scooter.
 
Well, back to the garden for a but more sun and sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Annalise loved it, she was really excited when she unfolded her "blanket" as she called it. It has been really hot here today(unusual for the UK summer!) so it was folded away and not used on her bed tonight.

    ReplyDelete