Friday 10 February 2023

A little finish from leftover blocks

 I haven’t done much sewing this year due to health problems but I wanted to make another baby quilt for my local Maternity Unit. So I found some four patch blocks which have been a box for many years (leftover from some project) and three Sunbonnet Sue blocks. I had a new piece of a pretty apple green fabric with small white dots which I think complimented the colours in the blocks. I used it for making sashing, backing and bindings.


It looks pretty, machine quilted with Perle thread echo hand quilted around  the Sunbonnet Sues.
Measures 24” square, the size required by our hospital.

A close up of some of the blocks.



I also have four other quilts to donate which I hope to deliver when I go to the hospital on Monday for an appointment.



A happy finish for me, at long last.

1 comment:

  1. Delightful little quilts, they will be gratefully received and treasured by recipients. I shall be emailing you shortly.

    ReplyDelete