Sunday 22 September 2019

Seeing stars........ RSC style!

I have been making some Star Blocks using 2.5” squares from my stash. Various rainbow colours, this month the official  purple:


I have already made a few others using green, blue, pink and yellow and have 4  more in the pipeline. I need 16 blocks altogether to make a baby quilt with 4 blocks in each direction.
 I used a white on  white fabric from stash to make the stars. I find making the blocks with Bonnie Hunter’s web-style idea works really well.

I haven’t had much sewing time recently and this week looks extremely busy too. Perhaps I’ll find a half hour here and there?
Linking with Angela’s So Scrappy RSC19.

5 comments:

  1. I love those star blocks, may have to put that on my rainbow list for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your star blocks and it's a great way to use up scraps. I might have to copy you. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful star blocks Linda, I have a fondness for purple! I'm looking forward to seeing your full collection of colour later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these blocks...seeing yours makes me want to make some! What did you mean by "Bonnie Hunter's web-style idea"?

    ReplyDelete