My lovely blog friend, Jo Butterfield sent me some scraps , some were already sewn into HSTs, all different. I trimmed them all and then cut them across diagonally. I paired them again to make Hourglass units. I worked out I needed 35 of these units so I could make a quilt top, setting them
5 x 7.
I picked 35 units I thought would suit a girl's Premature baby quilt. Then I sewed them up and added a pink spotted fabric border. At that point I ran out of suitable scraps in my stash so had to go shopping for backing and border fabric. I found a lovely pink fabric with a small white spot which nicely complemented the border fabric.
Then I chose Hourglass units that I thought would be more suitable for a boy's quilt and put a border around them using a new blue (with small white and navy spots)fabric I bought especially on the same shopping expedition and used that for the backing and binding.
Here they are, side by side. Both measure 23" x 19", just under the maximum size preferred by the hospital.