Then I decided to look through my bags of strings and sorted out ones which were narrower than the 1.5" widths I needed for Spool blocks or strings which weren't a uniform width.
These I sorted into colours and made more single colour 5" String blocks.
This time I made some neutral ones too:
I really enjoyed making all of these scrap blocks and now I'm off to cut out more strips to make some 9 Patches using 1.5" strips.
Finding sewing is good therapy for the cold I woke up with this morning!
We have had such cold weather this last week after a very warm weekend the one before Easter so I think the huge change in temperature is the reason why I've got a cold. I had intended to do some gardening today but I'm afraid that's not going to happen.