This what I made:
and then these mistakes!
Not sure how it happened, but when I came to trim the blocks I discovered the papers hadn't been cut at 5", more like 4.75". Also I was running out of lengths to make the strings so started piecing strips.
I used one of those pieced yellow strips for the centre of the block and it doesn't work, the definition of the centre is lost. However, we learn from mistakes so I won't do that again. The pieced strings look OK in the other parts of the square.
So, I have put these 5 blocks aside to be used as Orphan Blocks in the future.
And that's the end of my strips that can be used this way. Just a few scraps left which can be incorporated in Crumb blocks.
I will take the string blocks home with me to the UK and then I can make loads more to add to them so eventually I will have enough for a quilt. I'll probably take the Twinkler blocks back too as I don't think I will be able to make enough here to make a quilt.