I made three of these little quilts back in 2010 and 2011 and decided it was time to revisit this quilt design. In about a month's time our next door neighbours will have a new grandchild. I will gift a quilt to the new baby but I also thought I would make a Doll Quilt for Big Sister Eadie.
Here it is:
The background is a lovely piece of white Egyptian cotton. The last couple of years I have bought bundles of these offcuts at The Festival of Quilts. Very good value as the bundles contain lots of useful strips as well as larger pieces of high quality fabric. I imagine they are offcuts from making bed linens. This year they also had cream bundles so I now have one of those tucked away in my stash. Very useful for sashing and backgrounds for applique blocks such as the Sunbonnet Sues I use in Baby Quilts.
I have used a variety of patches, some novelty fabrics and a few spots, flowers and so on.
Another larger piece of fabric I have had in my stash for years made a pretty backing:
The binding was already made, a piece left over from a recent Baby Quilt finish.
The finished quilt measures 15" x 20".
I am really pleased with it. Like the last Ticker Tape quilt I made I used a zigzag stitch to attach the patches. Amanda Jean's tutorial uses a straight stitch near the edges of the patches but I think the zigzag stitch makes a better finish.