In the next three months I know of three babies on the way - one is due any day now.
So, I have been busy making baby quilts - four in the pipeline, one of which is Strawberry Patch.
Here it is:
The finished quilt measures 42" square and consists of alternate 4" Crumb blocks and 4" fabric squares.
I hand quilted in the ditch.
I love striped bindings and just had enough of this bright pink and white fabric to bind my quilt. I literally had a 3" piece of binding left!
The backing fabric was a piece I bought at last year's Festival of Quilts. I love owls and couldn't resist this one. However, when I came to use it for the backing I discovered it was unusually narrow, nowhere near the normal WOF and once the selvedges were cut off it was not wide enough to back my quilt. So, I decided to put a pieced strip off centre down the length of the quilt.
I used some 10" squares of vintage sheet fabric I had bought many years ago at a Table Top sale at my NZ Group. I have been steadily using these squares in my projects this year but still haven't finished them all.
And a couple of Close-ups to show some of the variety of fabrics I used up in this quilt.
I am pleased with it, it's really bright and cheerful. Stimulating for a baby I think and lots of opportunities to play "I Spy".
So, if Fiona's baby is a girl, this is for her.