Here it is:
And a close up of some of the blocks:
I am so pleased with this quilt. Such lovely 'cool' colours, all found in my stash to compliment the elephant Fat Quarter I found.
Then I used this pale green with lemon spots fabric for a backing - I literally had just enough for the quilt backing!
It's not the same shade of green as the fabrics in the front of the quilt but is somewhere between the green and turquoises in those fabrics so, in my eyes anyway, it works. The lemon dots tie in with the lemon stars in 4 of the charm square patches.
The batting was a piece I had in my stash of remnants.
The hand quilting is a mixture of deep turquoise Quilting thread in the ditch between the blocks and in the sashing joins and a variegated turquoise Perle cotton larger stitch around the appliqued hearts and in the sashing.
So, another finish for 2015 and a baby Boy quilt to add to my stash of completed quilts.
All of the fabrics and the batting and threads were from my stash so nothing bought especially for this project.