Sunday 16 September 2012

SCRAP VOMIT SWAP, ready to go

As I have a busy couple of weeks coming up, including attending 2 weddings!, I decided to get ahead with my Scrap Vomit Swap squares. Yesterday I cut all three sets of 49 x 2.5" squares.  Each set contains basically the same fabrics, with a few differences in each set.  Hope they are the sort of Vomit squares folks will be looking for!

A few photos:


One set, fanned out to show the variety of prints.
 

All 3 sets, neatly piled up.
 
And finally ........................
 
 
All packed up in clingfilm, ready to pop into envelopes!
 
If you want to take part in this swap, there is still loads of time to sign up.  Go to gnomeangel.com where you can find all the details about this swap.
 
Cut off date for registering is 22nd September and the sets of squares have to be posted by 5th October.  The last time I looked at the International Swap there were 48 taking part.  I'm sure that figure will get higher!
 
Happy 2.5" square cutting!
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, these look great! Brilliant idea to wrap them in clingfilm.

    Hope you enjoy the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am really looking forward to this swap and enjoyed poking around my fabrics, deciding which ones to choose for the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those look great, just the sort of brights that I go for. A good idea to film wrap, I will borrow that for my packs. I had great fun cutting the squares and managed to cut a stack towards my own quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your cutting. I already had some 2.5" squares cut as I routinely cut scraps into squares at the end of projects. However, many were duplicates or lots of the same fabrics so I ended up cutting loads more to create 49 different ones! Good fun and it makes you realise how many different fabrics you have in your stash. I haven't used cling film before but I thought it made sense. Keeps the fabrics neat and tidy and secure and light for posting. Happy swapping!

    ReplyDelete